Archive for September, 2011
Angina or chest pain, in terms of the cardiovascular system is triggered one of the problems. Disease in Latin means “breast lift”. Even if the patient feels chest pain, disease, oppression, heaviness, pressure or burning, choking, and chest complaints. Sometimes the feelings are the abdomen, shoulders, jaw, neck, back and top panel can be experienced. Besides suffering these symptoms, a person with the disease, sweating, nausea, cramps, shortness of breath, indigestion, heartburn, other symptoms such as weakness in the show.
There are basically two types of angina are accepted:
- Angina pectoris is most often in humans. These symptoms occur regularly and predictably. Normally this type of pain or chest discomfort during exercise and stress after eating a heavy meal. In general, the patient, nitroglycerin, are drugs such as amlodipine or ranolazine, and receives more than five minutes to develop the most recent symptoms.
- Unstable angina pectoris are rarely found, but more from the first type. By contrast, the formation of stable angina, unstable, unpredictable. These symptoms are usually heavier. Unstable angina, usually creates more pain and longer and more frequent. To not develop the usual symptoms of drug or rest. Unstable angina, myocardial infarction is different, is known primarily as a precursor to a heart attack.
People with angina are at risk are:
- 55 years old, male above,
- Women over 65 years,
- People who are overweight or obese,
- No smoking
With high blood pressure,
- Do you have high cholesterol?
- Physical activity
- Have kidney disease,
- Diabetes mellitus and
- Family history of premature cardiovascular disease (heart disease, 55 or 65 years of age, males at the age of women who suffer the same disease).
Nitroglycerin spray or tablets, calcium antagonists and beta-blockers, as well as the rest of the usual drug given to patients with angina pectoris. For a permanent result, angioplasty and coronary bypass surgery in patients is recommended. To prevent disease and reduce the development of drugs and surgery, or angina can be treated as patients, need to change their lifestyle. To prevent other cardiovascular diseases such as angina pectoris, exercise regularly, avoid maintaining a healthy weight, stress, eating healthy, you should stop drinking and smoking.